We are looking for an experienced Electrician to undertake a variety of tasks relating to installing and maintaining electrical infrastructure. Your job will involve installing electrical gear, panels, conduit, racks, electrical cable, equipment in an array of different types of buildings. We also provide service to include troubleshooting malfunctions and blackouts and wiring in temporary generators and distribution. Due to the high amount of risk pertaining to this job, electricians must be responsible individuals with great attention to safety precautions and good communicators both oral and written. The ideal candidate must be experienced in different kinds of electrical devices and systems with power generation equipment and distribution experience being a plus. The goal will be to produce and maintain well-functioning electrical distribution, equipment and connections to minimize the probability of accidents and maximize usability of electricity in all facilities.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Installs and repairs electrical wiring, systems, and fixtures in buildings.
- Installs conduits and pipes to house electrical wires and cables.
- Ensures piping complies with electrical codes.
- Installs circuit breakers and other electrical hardware and connects wiring to them.
- Connects electrical systems to powerlines to provide electricity to the building.
- Tests electrical systems to ensure proper installation and operation.
- Inspects electrical systems to determine whether repairs are needed.
- Replaces conduit and wiring as needed.
- Replaces circuit breakers as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of a relevant apprenticeship.
- Valid state license that permits you to practice as a journeyman electrician, if required.
- Appropriate certificate or degree will be advantageous.
- Good arithmetic skills.
- Excellent critical thinking skills.
- Observant and thorough.
- An active listener with top-notch verbal and written communication skills.
- Physically fit and capable of carrying up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in constricted areas.
Company Benefits and Perks
- Blue Cross & Blue Shield(Company pays half of employee premium).
- Dental & Vision.
- $25,000 Life Insurance paid for by company.
- Accident insurance provided by Colonial Life.
- Employees are paid weekly, on Friday. Direct Deposit only.
- 401(k) eligibility begins after 1 year of service. Company matches 100% of first 4% of employee contribution .
- Paid time off(6 paid Holidays).
- Education, licensing and certification paid for by Dense.
- Company phone reimbursement.
- Company vehicle & gas card depending on position and availability.
- Company uniform. Dense pays half.