Director of Retail Ministries
Title: Director of Retail Ministries Department: Administration
Position Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Positions Supervised: Directors/Supervisors
Hours: As required to meet directive – Minimum 40 hours per week
BLS Comparable: 53-1021
Purpose: Aid in the overall development of Hope Outreach and be a visible influence within the community. Promote Hope Outreach, its vision, and mission. Provide biblical guidance for staff through staff meetings, daily bible study, and one-on-one opportunities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Know the business income goals and devise strategies to attain them.
• Enforce policies on receiving, recording, processing, pricing, and sales of purchased and donated items.
• Enforce store policies on customer service, returns, etc.
• Maintain high quality store appearance with attractive display and seasonal decorations.
• Use merchandising and marketing skills to generate more business for retail.
• Establish friendly procedures for customer relations.
• Oversees ministry staff and recommends organizational change to best utilize resources.
• Provide a monthly report.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Responsible to assist CEO and all Hope Outreach Administrative, Marketplace, and Ministry Staff. Delegates the management of all functional departments or areas.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Physical surroundings are pleasant and comfortable, with little or no exposure to injury or other health hazard
• Must have 3 years experience in social services or related ministry. Additional 1 to 2 years experience in retail sales preferred.
• Must have oral communication skills with the ability to speak to small and large groups.
• Proficient in the use of computer, e-mail, and software programs.
• Must have ability to manage personnel resources through motivation, development, and direction of people by identifying skills and talents and promoting responsibility.
• Must have retail experience.
• Marketing and Merchandising experience is a plus. PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
• Must be surrendered to the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
• Demonstrate strong work history reflecting dependability and progressive responsibility.
• Person of integrity who leads by example and follows scriptural standards of behavior.
• Must have recommendation of local pastor and be actively involved in a local Christian denomination.
For more information, call (580) 237-4673 or visit Hope Outreach, 215 S. Van Buren, Enid, OK