The Florist designer creates and determines the type of floral arrangement for any occasion.
· All areas of customer satisfaction and service, including but not limited to, responding to customer requests, questions and complaints.
· Works and communicates successfully with all levels of customers, management and employees.
· Recommends what flowers, container and greenery would be best for the occasion and has to work within the customer budget
· Creates floor displays for the season
· Knowledge of all equipment in the Floral department, including pallet jack, box knives, pruning knives, box bailer, company vehicle for deliveries (all to be used by employees 18 years of age or older with proper training) order machines, calculators, adding machines, service carts, telephone and FM units
· Stocks, unpacks and prices vases, flowers, and gifts
· Blows up balloons
· Answers phone, takes orders, wraps bouquets, creates gift baskets and candy baskets and decorating plants
· Basic oral and written communication skills
· Knowledge of a variety of flowers and what color those flowers come in
· Knowledge of what flowers are in season or which may be poisonous to pets and children
· Leadership Skills – Creating a positive atmosphere for all employees and customers
· Prior experience in a floral shop preferred
· Ability to work a variety of schedules hours per customer demands, including weekends, holidays and busy days of the month.
Retail environment. May work multiple shifts and varied shifts. This position requires working weekends and holidays. May deliver floral arrangements if needed.
· This position requires long hours of standing and walking
· Use of repetitive motion such as grasping and fine manipulation
· Must be able to keep head and neck in static position, recommend frequent flexing and rotation exercises
· Position requires frequent bending and push/pull
· Requires occasional squatting, climbing, reaching above shoulder, kneeling, crouching
· Work in a variety of temperatures from negative 15 degrees below zero to room temperature.
· Must be able to carry and lift up to 10 pounds, may lift up to 110 pounds
Required Education and Experience:
High school or equivalent
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with our without notice.