Security Officer I, Unarmed
Posted on Tuesday, December 20, 2022
It's more than a career, it's a callingMO-SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - St. Louis
Security Officer I, Unarmed
Job Summary:Provides a reasonably safe and secure environment by providing security services for the staff, patients, visitors, and premises as well as be first responders to urgent facility matters.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Protects property and staff by conducting interior and exterior rounds, observing for safety and security issues, theft, and monitoring of parking lots.
- Promotes visitor and employee safety while they are on the organization's property by providing door checks, detecting lighting deficiencies, confirming proper operation of elevators, assisting with disruptive individuals, patient restraints and provides escorts to both staff and clients when requested.
- Responds to overhead pages or requests for assistance, including escorting emergency personnel through the building, as well as provide post-mortem services.
- Provides professional customer service when dealing with complex and dynamic situations when approached by staff or clients and utilizes a proactive approach to identifying safety and security hazards by communicating with clinical staff.
- Observes and reports any security concerns/assessments. Completes incident reports and shift logs and forwards to appropriate individuals.
- Provides maintenance assistance through property conservation and campus safety approaches such as: alarm testing, check life safety equipment, automated external defibrillators (AEDs), oxygen tanks, fire extinguishers, access control, badging, etc., door integrity checks etc.
- Enforces policies and procedures of the organization.
- Assist with monitoring, reviewing and investigating incidents utilizing the video management system.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Constant use of hearing to receive oral communication and hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Constant use of vision for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more).
- Constant lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Frequent standing, twisting and walking.
- Frequent use of vision to judge distances and spatial relationships and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Occasional bending, stooping, climbing, kneeling, sitting, squatting, reaching, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing over 50 lbs.
- Occasional keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling, running and lifting/moving patients.
Licenses / Certifications:Basic Life Support (BLS) - American Heart Association (AHA), Driver License - State of Work Location, FUTURE - Basic Level Certification within 6 months - International Association for Healthcare Security & Safety (IAHSS), FUTURE - Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) within 60 days - American Heart Association (AHA)
9009000009 HTM St Marys-STL
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
SSM Health is an equal opportunity employer. SSM Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Click here to learn more.
See more open positions at SSM Health
Something looks off?