Maintenance Technician (54th St. Enid Plant)
With global sales of over $40 billion, Tyson Foods is one of the world’s largest food companies. Its portfolio includes $1 billion brands such as Tyson®, Jimmy Dean®, and Hillshire Farm®, and leading brands such as Ball Park®, Wright®, Aidells® and State Fair®. We are ardent in our purpose to “Raise the world's expectations for how much good food can do”. Our focus on people and innovation, makes Tyson Foods a fulfilling place to work.
Our organization is searching for Maintenance and Refrigeration Technicians who can take us to the next level. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally across every area of our Facilities and influence company performance by maintaining our equipment. Our Technicians are vital to maintaining our Team Member’s safety through problem solving and proactive upkeep. We have a fast-paced work environment, where every day is different, and we invest in the continued growth and skills of our Technicians. Come be part of our Team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
With moderate supervision provide maintenance support to ensure the safe and effective operation of equipment and team. Responsibilities include but are not limited to performing routine preventative maintenance repairs, performing emergency mechanical or electrical repairs, and troubleshooting mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic Plant equipment. Must be able to safely apply knowledge and troubleshooting skills to all assigned production equipment and the ability to effectively interact with all plant personnel to accomplish plant and individual goals. Also responsible for minimizing downtime due to equipment failure.
- Education: 1 year of industrial maintenance experience education preferred (I.E. possess industrial maintenance diploma or currently enrolled in technical school) in lieu of experience
- Experience: 1(+) years of industrial maintenance experience or equivalent experience
- Computer Skills: Basic computer skills will be necessary to log information, to process daily work orders and to complete required documentation. Ability to learn and utilize the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Communication Skills: The ability to communicate effectively and basic math skills are necessary to perform this job at a satisfactorily level
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 75 lbs. occasionally; ability to lift 20 lbs. frequently
- Ability to stand on hard surface for up to 12 hours per day
- Ability to work in confined and tall spaces, walk, climb, utilize a ladder, operate a lift, bend and stoop
- Repetitive gripping, pushing and pulling
- Frequent overhead work
- Temperatures inside plant may vary from -25 degrees to over 100 degrees; outside work may be also be needed
- Basic math skills; percentages, fractions and measurements
Relocation Assistance Eligible:No
ALL SHIFTS (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We provide our team members and their families with paid time off; 401(k) plans; affordable health, life, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits; and more.
CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.