Field Operations Assistant
Birmingham, AL, USA
Posted on Wednesday, March 15, 2023
PetIQ provides convenient and affordable pet health and wellness products and veterinary services to pets and their families through retail and ecommerce channels across the country. We are advocates for pet parents, because we believe that all pet parents should be able to provide necessary care that enhances the lives of their pets.
Why join the PetIQ Team?
· Great company culture
· Company is in growth mode, come be a part of our exciting growth
Full time employee benefits include:
· Medical, Dental, Vision
· Flex Spending Account
· Company Paid Life Insurance
· 401(k) with Company Match
· Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
· Paid Holidays and PTO
· Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
VIP Petcare (PetIQ) is a fast paced, innovative company looking for honest, professional team members who have a passion for pets and the people who love them. We provide a wide variety of preventative pet care services through our community clinics.
We are currently looking for a Field Operations Assistant to join our growing team!
The Field Operations Assistant is responsible for assisting with many aspects of field office operations.
Essential Functions/Job Duties
- Assist with the management of all field office operational issues to include administrative facilities and inventory
- Assist with office and warehouse organization and maintenance
- Assist with van cleanliness and maintenance Ensure rigs are “Rig Ready”.
- Stock with vaccines, prepare lot numbers, organize, clean and load the rigs utilizing the Rig Checklist
- Communicate regularly with the Field Operations Manager to ensure consistency in how operational SOPs are being executed as it relates to Rig operations
- Update all Rig Binders as necessary Participate in training initiatives pertaining to field office locations
- Work rigs when necessary at VIP Petcare clinics
- Live our values and reinforce brand promise with our partners, clients and team members
- Work weekends with flexible days off during the week.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Aptitudes
- Present professional appearance and positive conduct Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service
- Basic accounting principles
- Critical thinking skills
- Independent judgment and decision making skills
- Detail oriented, ensuring accurate and reliable work product
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability to effectively work with cross-functional teams to direct and lead company initiatives and goals
- Able to work independently
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to switch focus rapidly in a fast paced environment
- Reliable transportation to office
- Must successfully pass criminal history background check and motor vehicle record check
- Microsoft Office
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- VIP Petcare experience preferred
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Safe driving record and valid driver's license
Environment and Physical
- Must enjoy and be comfortable working with pets of all sizes and temperaments, including handling and lifting animals as necessary
- Ability to drive motor vehicles in various terrain and weather conditions
- Sit for prolonged periods of time
- Work for prolonged periods of time at a desk utilizing a computer
- Work for prolonged periods of time in the field, including 12-14 hours days on occasion
- Fast-paced, fluid work environment
- Lift up to 150 pounds assisted
- Stand/walk/move about for prolonged periods of time while at a clinic
- Schedule includes weekends, with occasional overnight and holiday work
- Some outdoor clinic work and activities may be necessary
PetIQ is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
By submitting this application, I certify that my answers are true and complete to the best of my knowledge. If this application leads to employment, I understand that false or misleading information in my application or interview may result in my release.
See more open positions at VetIQ Petcare
Something looks off?