Compliance Specialist I
Position Title: Compliance Specialist I
Reports To: Loan Compliance Manager
Location: Enid, OK
Job Status: Exempt, Full time
The Compliance Specialist I works directly with the Loan Compliance Manager to meet the requirements of the assigned regulatory area of the Compliance department which includes researching, reviewing, and interpreting existing and pending laws and regulations. The Compliance Specialist provides assistance to management in order to maintain a quality compliant culture.
• Interprets regulations working in conjunction with impacted departments and processes, to include ensuring that policies and procedures reflect the spirit and intent of such regulations. This may include working cooperatively with lending departments to meet both Bank and regulatory needs, and testing performance with implemented processes to ensure understanding and compliance.
• Provides ongoing assistance and support to the compliance manager in establishing and modifying standards, policies, and procedures which affect compliance and may include administrative responsibilities.
• Works directly with the Loan Compliance Manager to meet the requirements of the Compliance Management Program, which includes associate training, performance of periodic regulatory compliance reviews and conducting internal risk assessments.
• Stays current on industry standards, trends, and proposed and actual regulatory changes relating to relevant compliance topics.
• Ensures that all departmental documents and activities are performed in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures as applicable to this position, including completion of required compliance training.
• Participates on project teams as needed to ensure compliance needs are met for new products and processes and provide input relative to compliance and regulatory matters.
• Serves as back-up to assist compliance staff by researching compliance questions or issues posed by Bank personnel, auditors and examiners.
• Maintain personal grooming and company dress and appearance standards.
• Maintain company attendance standards.
• Other tasks as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business or two to four years’ experience in equivalent compliance position, preferred.
• Satisfactory credit and criminal background check.
• A valid driver’s license.
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Ability to interpret and explain compliance laws and regulations affecting the Bank.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with desktop software tools such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Demonstrated strong organizational skills, with ability to prioritize and coordinate a variety of assignments simultaneously.
• Ability to work independently and function under limited supervision, while exercising good judgment, speed and accuracy.
• Ability to work effectively with various teams, exhibiting strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to identify compliance tasks.
• Typical Physical Demands:
• Regularly required to talk and hear.
• Requires sitting for an extending period with some walking, with some bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing
• Occasional light lifting not over 25lbs
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Nothing in this position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description is not a contract and should not be construed as a guarantee of employment for any specific period of time.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EEO POLICY STATEMENT
InterBank is committed to maintaining an environment of equal opportunity. Accordingly, it is InterBank’s policy to provide equal opportunity for employment, advancement, and benefits to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, religion, sex, color, national origin, disability, citizenship status, uniform service membership/veteran status, or any other protected status as established by law.
Our commitment is to achieve and maintain excellence through full and equal opportunity, which is fundamental to the existence of InterBank. It is therefore the policy of InterBank not only to avoid direct discrimination but to go further. The company will act affirmatively to identify and eliminate barriers that may exclude or impede members of certain groups in their pursuit of excellence. Such affirmative action will address the treatment of persons who are already members of the company, as well as applicants for
Compliance Specialist I
admission or employment.